The 'Level 3 Award in HACCP for Animal Feed Manufacturing' course is designed to explain the principles of HACCP in animal feed manufacturing processes and apply these principles to the manufacture of feed materials, additives, blends, compound feeds and final rations. It also studies the implementation and management of a HACCP system, and uses case studies to illustrate the importance of HACCP in a feed business.
It is suitable for anyone who is involved in animal feed manufacturing or management of feed safety systems including enforcement officers and auditors. Our practical approach simplifies HACCP for operators, engineers and technical staff, and explains the application in practical feed manufacturing businesses. The course will cover the following topics, giving time for discussion and exercises to simplify and understand how a successful HACCP system can be used to manage feed safety.
- An introduction to HACCP
- The seven principles of HACCP and their practical application in feed businesses
- Pre-requisite programmes for animal feed
- Determination and control of Critical Control Points
- Implementing and managing a HACCP plan
- Examination of a case study
- A multiple-choice, RSPH-approved examination, which, if successful, results in a nationally-accredited certificate – RSPH Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
The course lasts for 6 hours each day, contributing 12 hours CPD.